Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Continue to pray for Melisa Carothers

Melisa Carothers posted this on Facebook, but for those who haven't seen it, I have re-posted it below:


Update on my HEART!
By Melisa Carothers
Just wanted to give everyone an update...  I feel like I have been an emotional roller coaster, but have definitely taken comfort in the kind words you all have posted. Thank you very much :) As of right now I will be going back to Mayo Clinic in July. I don't have an exact date yet, but should within the next month. Since being home I have talked to the Dr. several times and he has talked to the surgeon. They have come to the conclusion that if they can hold off on an operation they want to do so. In other words they have concerns about the risks of an operation. An operation has not been ruled out, but they do want more information before proceeding with one.  In July I will go back to have a repeat of all the tests that I had done last week, plus an MRI and the EP study that is needed to determine if I need to have a defibulator put in. I will be seen by the surgeon as well just to discuss everything and see how we will proceed with everything. Their biggest concern is the fact that this will be open heart #4, which would make a total of 6 heart surgeries for me. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything and taking it one day at a time. I have also put it in the Lords hands because he is the only one that knows what’s best for me. As far as you all here on FB, I’m looking to you for support. This is like an outlet for me and its nice to be able to share my feelings and concerns with you all. The next few months are probably going to weigh on me heavily, but I refuse to let all of it get the best of me. I am keeping my head up and remaining strong. The one thing I would like to ask from everyone is that you keep me in your prayers. Prayer is a powerful thing and right now I will take all of them that I can get :) Thanks Melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment