Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What would you do if Jesus were here?

Pastor Cook asks us to consider this question as we meditate on the Transfiguration this week.

What would I do?  What would I do if Jesus suddenly appeared in bodily form, right there at my dinner table?  Or right next to me on the couch during prime time television?  What would I do if He appeared at the foot of my bed right after the alarm went off this morning, while I was laying there whining to myself about all the things I didn't feel like doing today?

I doubt any of us, if we are honest, can think about Jesus appearing to us without getting a little uncomfortable.  Because His holy presence makes us aware of our sins, we would rather hide ourselves, or fall to the ground like the disciples did.

Jesus knows this about us already, but He graciously pursues us anyway.  Listen to Sunday's sermon, and hear of the grace God shows us in His Son Jesus.

But Jesus came and touched them, saying, "Rise, and have no fear." 
And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

Matthew 17:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment