Sunday, May 8, 2011

On the Road

On the road to Emmaus, the disciples faith flickered, and they were discouraged. 

Yet Jesus did not leave them in their doubt and fear.  He gently explained the Scriptures to them, leading them along like a mother leaing a young child through a storybook.

He does this for us on our dark roads, too. Just as a flame cannot light itself, we cannot make our faith shine brightly when the storms come. Yet He has not left us alone in our suffering; He feeds our faith, our souls, with His very Self.  And our eyes are opened.

To listen to Sunday's Sermon, click here



On a more personal note, my dear husband over-estimates my patience in his illustration!  I have slammed the chapter book shut and sent them away in frustration!  However, not just because of his kind forgetfulness of that fact, I do think this is one of my favorite of his sermons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment